Summer time in Houston
As we begin the lazy days of summer, we encourage you to remember:
- Stay hydrated
- Remember and watch out for children, pets, elderly and people that may be suffering from the heat
- Remember that areas exposed to the sun (ground and surfaces) can get really hot, so take care when approaching them
- If you’re outdoors, plan ahead and take precautions. Sunscreen, shade, eye protection (OffBeat attire encouraged) are a few great ideas.
- If you’re visiting a food truck, try not to line up on a large line. Take some time to minimize your exposure to the sun and heat. One bad thing about the city of Houston ordinances for mobile food operators – shade can’t be provided unless it is permanently affixed to a truck. Something to remind your elected officials about reconsidering.
- We will try to help out if someone is in distress, so if you see someone showing signs of heat exhaustion, call the police (or 911) and let us or people around you know.
Hopefully some of these tips will help make your summer enjoyable and safe! See you on the streets! You can’t miss the purple food truck!