We’re hiring great people. You gotta have a great attitude, be able to handle a fast pace, ready to learn, and be ready to live the food truck life.
We’ll be honest, it’s not glamorous, but it is a fun job where you can help make people smile.
If you’re interested and have cooking, expediting, or cashier experience, please send us a resume by clicking here. We’re also looking for truck managers for two shifts, which will need to be able handle all truck operations and responsibilities.
We work hard, and we play hard, while having fun!
It’s getting close to spring time! We all await the warmer weather and longer days. Now is the time to plan your outdoor activities. Or discover what new activities await. We have been busy scoping out new locations and places where you can enjoy the Eatz that we serve.
Need some suggestions?
We have served many private catering events. It’s easy to book us for private events from 20 people to a hundred (or more). It’s a great way to bring the food truck experience to your own event, with a customized menu board for guests to enjoy. We also work with event centers to bring the Eatz within their facilities. Just send us an email with your request and we’ll be glad to work with you on your event planning.
We’re glad to help with the many Houston residents and businesses to welcome football fans to Houston!
Like all big events, things will be absolutely crazy! It’s best to try to plan ahead and be flexible in the event things don’t go as planned.
We’re all here to help make sure you have a great time and enjoy this great city. A few things to consider:
- The Houston Superbowl Host Committee – great resource to see what events will be happening. *TIP – get the app to have the information at your finger tips.
- Public transportation will be your friend – METRO has many bus and rail routes to help you get where you need to be. There will be a rail day pass fee and certain rail lines will be free
- The Greater Houston Partnership has a lot of good information to help with your visit
- The Houston Texans are hosting two great teams, see what they have to help you plan your visit
- Food Trucks – you can find a lot of the food trucks spread out through the various events and venues. These will be in the Discovery Green area, all along Main Street (a food truck park will operate Mon-Sun of the game week at The Capital Bar Midtown, 2415 Main St), and NRG Park. There are too many locations and trucks to have a comprehensive list. Additionally, trucks may be moving around to accommodate changes that need to be made for the various events or weather.
- Business/Twitter lists for food trucks
- Family Friendly breweries – we have a lot, this is a great list of family friendly locations. We’ll be at Bakfish on the day of the big game
Remember, we’re here to help and will do our best to make sure you have a great time. It may be crazy with a lot of people out and about, so remember to be safe, stay calm, and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Happy New Year and welcome to a new year! We’re ready for new places to be and faces to see in 2017!
Going forward, you’ll see some new items on the menu, at least one new promotion, and some great locations where we will be parked. We’re working on being in locations where we will be have UberEats available for those times you can’t make it to the truck.
If you’re needing us for catering, please plan ahead! We publish our calendar online (see the Calendar section) to help you check our availability. If there is a conflict with your plans, please let us know. We are part of a vibrant Houston food truck community and will work with our partners and customers to offer dining solutions.
Thanks for visiting us in 2016 and let’s see what’s in store for 2017!
As we go into the busy holiday season, please take a moment to reflect upon the year. This is a quieter time for food trucks since we like to spend time with our families as well.
Have a great holiday season and hopefully we’ll see you on the streets or at a holiday event!
Thanks for being a fan of OffBeat Eatz! Remember that you can show us some love:
Summer is almost in the rear view mirror. School is starting up; pay attention to those school zones! The weather will soon be turning cooler.
As we look forward to enjoying a nice time of year in Houston, we want to remind people that it’s a great idea to look at the events coming up soon. Holiday, graduation, socials, and football events to name a few. Make sure you spend some time planning the food for your event. We offer a great menu for catering and can work with you on any special requests that you may need.
There’s a bit of preparation time and planning that need to be involved with catering events, so give us a call to see what we can do for you. You can contact us via email or phone 832.914.8890.
Summer time in Houston
As we begin the lazy days of summer, we encourage you to remember:
- Stay hydrated
- Remember and watch out for children, pets, elderly and people that may be suffering from the heat
- Remember that areas exposed to the sun (ground and surfaces) can get really hot, so take care when approaching them
- If you’re outdoors, plan ahead and take precautions. Sunscreen, shade, eye protection (OffBeat attire encouraged) are a few great ideas.
- If you’re visiting a food truck, try not to line up on a large line. Take some time to minimize your exposure to the sun and heat. One bad thing about the city of Houston ordinances for mobile food operators – shade can’t be provided unless it is permanently affixed to a truck. Something to remind your elected officials about reconsidering.
- We will try to help out if someone is in distress, so if you see someone showing signs of heat exhaustion, call the police (or 911) and let us or people around you know.
Hopefully some of these tips will help make your summer enjoyable and safe! See you on the streets! You can’t miss the purple food truck!
Hi OffBeat fans, we’ve been out on the streets of Houston, Clear Lake Shores and Harris county for a few weeks now. It’s been hectic and fun serving our OffBeat items.
We want to say thanks for your patience while we get up and running, sharing your smiles and compliments, and most importantly, being a customer.
Also big thanks to other food truck and property owners for helping us get rolling. It’s an incredible network of owners that are willing to help out! We believe in paying it forward and that’s been a part of our original concept. We’ll share more on paying it forward soon.
We will be making a two day stop at the Clear Lake Shores Food Truck Park on Friday, April 1st (no April fools!) and for lunch and dinner on Saturday, April 2nd.
The menu for this weekend can be found here.
Hours of operation:
Friday – 5:30pm-9:00pm
Saturday – 11:00am-9:00pm
Address: 1002 FM 2094, Clear Lake Shores.
We’re pleased to announce our debut on the streets of Katy, Texas! We will be opening our windows to serve our OffBeat Eatz at No Label Brewing. Windows will open after 4pm, so bring your appetite, enjoy some brews and say Hello!
What’s on the chalk board? Glad you asked, click here to get your taste buds ready.
Need to add to your calendar? Click here.