Update: Maybe it was the terrible twos, but we’re completing our second year and starting our third year of operations!
We’re glad to announce that we’re turning three years old this month. We are thankful for the many places around the great Houston metropolitan area and many great customers that have supported us.
As we turn three years old, we’re gearing up for a busy year. We are ready to hire more staff, so if you are wanting to enjoy working on a food truck, drop us a line. We are seeking people with experience in a professional kitchen environment, whether it’s a line cook, sous chef, expeditor or general kitchen staff. We’ll train you on our operations and standards that our customer have grown to expect. We have fun, we go to many places and we work hard. We also get to play and enjoy the places we visit.
Talk to us, we’ll be glad to hear what you have to offer and see if we can do to put another successful year in the books and on the streets!
Believe it or not, food trucks are pretty popular! They are a way to get awesome food options at your location. Especially food that is high quality and prepared in real time.
As with most things, there’s a limited amount of high quality food trucks, or if you prefer gourmet food trucks. Finding the right one for your event can be a challenge, especially since food trucks are busy filling their schedules as much as possible. This can be a challenge when you don’t have a lot of time or enough advance notice for your event. Another problem is how do you know what food trucks and cuisines are available. We don’t have all of the answers, though hope that this bit of information can help you secure a Houston area food truck.
How do I find a food truck? One way is to go up to one and ask them. The food truck community is a tight knit community and will be glad to help out. We are part of a online community as well which share information. Provide as much information as you can, offer your contact information, and request the food trucks’ information as well.
How do I book a food truck? The easiest way is to contact them directly. Here’s a few tips:
- Give them a lot of time (if possible, at least two weeks. In some cases food trucks may be booked months in advanced, especially during holidays and peak times of the year)
- Make sure you provide information about your event, such as theme, type of event (birthday, anniversary, wedding, etc.)
- Provide an estimated head count of attendees
- Know your guests’ food requirements, such as vegetarian, food allergies, children, etc. This information can help the truck determine a menu (yes, we offer custom menus for private events!)
- Provide a date and time. Keep in mind that time to setup and close down are needed for the truck to be in place before and after the food service time
- Know your jurisdiction – this helps determine if a permit is required and the cost that is involved. In some cases, obtaining a permit can take several days! This can be a city or county, which determines the permit requirements.
A few additional things where we can help with planning an event:
- Food service time – schedule groups of people to place their order and receive them. Have one group finish and have a pause in between the next group
- Pre-order – make a list of people and what they would like to order. This in conjunction with groups makes it very efficient for everyone
Having all of this information when booking a food truck is valuable information. Remember the more information, the better! Written communication is best, so use e-mail. This will prevent miscommunication and ensure your event goes with minimal issues, leaving you to enjoy the event!
We’re hiring great people. You gotta have a great attitude, be able to handle a fast pace, ready to learn, and be ready to live the food truck life.
We’ll be honest, it’s not glamorous, but it is a fun job where you can help make people smile.
If you’re interested and have cooking, expediting, or cashier experience, please send us a resume by clicking here. We’re also looking for truck managers for two shifts, which will need to be able handle all truck operations and responsibilities.
Update – with the acquisition of the Bowled Up operations, you will have the opportunity to work with both cuisines and learn some mad skills!
We work hard, and we play hard, while having fun!
It’s getting close to spring time! We all await the warmer weather and longer days. Now is the time to plan your outdoor activities. Or discover what new activities await. We have been busy scoping out new locations and places where you can enjoy the Eatz that we serve.
Need some suggestions?
We have served many private catering events. It’s easy to book us for private events from 20 people to a hundred (or more). It’s a great way to bring the food truck experience to your own event, with a customized menu board for guests to enjoy. We also work with event centers to bring the Eatz within their facilities. Just send us an email with your request and we’ll be glad to work with you on your event planning.
We’re glad to help with the many Houston residents and businesses to welcome football fans to Houston!
Like all big events, things will be absolutely crazy! It’s best to try to plan ahead and be flexible in the event things don’t go as planned.
We’re all here to help make sure you have a great time and enjoy this great city. A few things to consider:
- The Houston Superbowl Host Committee – great resource to see what events will be happening. *TIP – get the app to have the information at your finger tips.
- Public transportation will be your friend – METRO has many bus and rail routes to help you get where you need to be. There will be a rail day pass fee and certain rail lines will be free
- The Greater Houston Partnership has a lot of good information to help with your visit
- The Houston Texans are hosting two great teams, see what they have to help you plan your visit
- Food Trucks – you can find a lot of the food trucks spread out through the various events and venues. These will be in the Discovery Green area, all along Main Street (a food truck park will operate Mon-Sun of the game week at The Capital Bar Midtown, 2415 Main St), and NRG Park. There are too many locations and trucks to have a comprehensive list. Additionally, trucks may be moving around to accommodate changes that need to be made for the various events or weather.
- Business/Twitter lists for food trucks
- Family Friendly breweries – we have a lot, this is a great list of family friendly locations. We’ll be at Bakfish on the day of the big game
Remember, we’re here to help and will do our best to make sure you have a great time. It may be crazy with a lot of people out and about, so remember to be safe, stay calm, and don’t be afraid to ask for help.